Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ultrasound, Pre-Op, and Upcoming Egg Retrieval!

I am very excited to say that after this morning's appointment the egg retrieval is officially set for Tuesday morning! :) It's safe to say I have a lot of follicles and my doctor told me that he anticipates retrieving between 25 and 35 eggs. Holy cow! Now, we won't know exactly how many of those are actually mature until the retrieval takes place, and not every mature egg will fertilize. The goal is to have two great 8 celled embryos to transfer on Friday. Anything that we have left over will be frozen if it makes it to day 5 (blastocyst stage). I am definitely feeling everything though. I am sore, but overall I am handling things quite well I think. So far I have not been stressing and I am handling my emotions the best I can. My estrogen levels are through the roof. This morning's labs came back at 7000! I'm not quite sure if I have mentioned this in previous posts or not, but to put this into perspective, a normal woman's estrogen levels peak around 200 at the time of ovulation each month. I am definitely at risk for OHSS. In order to lessen this risk, or at least limit how bad I get it, my doctor told me to only take a half dose of the HCG trigger shot that I must do tonight. So only 1ml (5,000 units) instead of 2ml (10,000 units). I'm alright with that :). It's too bad that the needle can't be half the size, too. Haha. I've got a 22 gauge needle just waiting to be used tonight at 9 PM. The retrieval will be at 9 AM on Tuesday morning, although we have to be there at 6 AM. We are getting very excited, but are also quite scared and nervous about everything. Please continue to pray for us. We need it now more than ever.


Once again, I want to add in this link if anyone is wanting to help us out right now or feels led to.
http://creating-our-miracle.mydagsite.com/

Also, if anyone is local I received my order sheet in the mail for the cookie dough fundraiser. The fundraiser is for 2 lbs. of  gourmet cookie dough in a resealable tub. If you order I will deliver it to you when it arrives. It is $10 and you can choose from chunky chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal raisin, sugar, white chocolate macadamia, or snickerdoodle. Let me know if you want to order :).

2 comments: