Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fundraising and Day 2 of Injections

I have recently decided to do some fundraising activities. As I have mentioned in the past, IVF is very expensive. Although I hate to discuss this part of the matter, it is a very real factor in all of this and on a military budget we are tight. I am still deciding on what fundraiser I will do and am currently looking into a gourmet cookie dough sale, Yankee candle sale, or possibly a Christmas card/wrapping paper sale. I am open to suggestions and would love to hear what people are interested in. We also have a website set up if anyone simply wanted to make a monetary donation without purchasing a product. That website is http://creating-our-miracle.mydagsite.com/ . I don't want anyone to feel like that are pressured to donate or take part in my fundraiser, but it is available if you would like to help and feel led to. We very much want a child and are taking a big leap in faith by doing this IVF procedure. God opened many doors in order for this to happen and we continue to trust in Him during all of this. We appreciate any help we are able to receive during this and it will not go unnoticed. It isn't easy to ask for help.

On another note, today is day 2 of injections. So far everything is going quite well. The shots themselves have not hurt, although the medication burns going in (especially my evening shot! Ouch!). I think I need to let them be out of the fridge for a few minutes before giving them to myself so they can warm up a bit. Perhaps that will help and I will try that out tonight and see if it makes a difference. Matt and I are both wanting to document everything a little bit more and will probably begin to take more pictures and videos throughout this. Matt is going to try to videotape our ultrasound on Wednesday so we can have documentation of how the follicles are looking. I love that if this is successful we will have a lot to show our future child/ children. Please continue to pray for us as we go through each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment