Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Baseline and Med Class

Today we finally got things started and off the ground! Yay! I could not sleep last night because I was so anxious. We had to get up at 3, so when the clock said 2:15 I finally gave up and decided to just get up and get ready so we could get out the door faster. Matt got up at 3 and it didn't take long before we hit the road. The three hour drive killed me this morning! I was exhausted by the time we got to San Antonio. First, we went to the pharmacy to pick up all of my medicine. I later found out that I am missing some things so I will pick the rest up at my next appointment. Here is a picture of what all I got today to give you an idea:
Lots and lots of needles! (By the way I am half asleep writing this so don't mind me if I sound delirious!) I had to keep things in my cooler all day and everywhere we went we had to carry it around. Fun :) Speaking of needles, the guy who drew my blood today must be new and had no idea what he was doing. I have great veins and never have a problem, but today I got stuck numerous times and almost passed out. Finally someone else came and did it and there was not an issue. Go figure. I heard afterward that a lot of the women were having an issue with that guy. I hope he isn't there next time.

Once we were done with that we went downstairs so I could have my baseline ultrasound done.  I am happy to report things went well and I have no cysts to interfere thanks to the birth control I had to take beforehand. I have 7 possible follicles on my left ovary and 8 possible follicles on my right ovary. My lining was 4.2. So far, so good :) We attended a med class later in the afternoon and we went over the schedule, all the medications, and everything involving IVF. I won't bore you with all of those details .. at least not right now ;). We just got home and are getting ready to climb into bed. Saturday begins injections and my first follow up appointment is Wednesday. From there I should be going every other day until egg retrieval. EXCITING!! Please keep us in your prayers during the next month and beyond.

2 comments:

  1. Gah! I don't think I could ever handle all those needles. I don't even like regular bloodwork...having to do injections daily would be awful. I admire your strength so much after seeing that picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl - You should see the size of some of those needles! The intramuscular ones have me a little nervous, especially since Matt will be doing them. I'm good as long as I have control, lol. OH and the big shots, if I get pregnant (and hopefully I will) I will still be doing them every night until I'm 10 weeks. Eek! Can you say sore butt? haha. I think I'm going to make a few videos during this.

      Delete