Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ultrasound - Day 5 of Injections

So let me start off by saying that the quality of this video is not the best (it was taken from my husband's phone), but you can make out quite a few of the follicles she is measuring. Everything looked great as far as the size of the follicles and how they are progressing. The largest were at 12, but most were at 11 I believe. Unfortunately, when my labs came back my estradiol (estrogen; E2) levels were very high. At this point in a cycle (4/5 days of stims) they expect those levels to be around 400-600. My estradiol level came back at 1043. So, my doses were lowered just a bit for today and tomorrow. I also am adding in another shot tomorrow so I will be at three shots a day. I go back in Friday morning for more blood work and another ultrasound. I am definitely beginning to feel the side effects and am getting fatigued come the afternoon (taking lots of naps!) and am feeling very sore around my ovaries. With levels like this I am at risk for OHSS (Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome). Having PCOS puts me at a higher risk for developing OHSS. Hopefully my levels will balance out a bit. I am going to start pushing more fluids to help prevent that from happening. Overall, everything went great today and we are still really excited! Things are moving right along and I am optimistic that Friday's news will be good, too. Please continue to pray!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment